Welcome

"Enjoy in peace the joy God is giving you, without worrying about the future. He is reserving for you, I am sure, new graces and many consolations." - St. Therese of Lisieux, The Little Flower

Jason and I started this blog to keep family and friends updated and share our story with others. We are so grateful for all of the support and prayers that we continue to receive.

I have added a couple of links explaining Potter's syndrome and some additional info.

Monday, September 20, 2010

Her final resting place

A few months before Therese was born, we made the decision to have her cremated, however, we never decided on where to keep her remains. The wonderful people at the funeral home told us to take our time & they would keep her until we found a place. We have chosen one of the cemeteries run by the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston. Located in Dickinson, Mount Olivet Cemetery is south of Houston, just off I-45, only 30 minutes from our house. We have selected three niches in a new columbarium called Holy Rosary Garden. Since it is a new construction, this area of the cemetery has very little landscaping. Jason & I are going to donate a beautiful little Pin Oak tree that was given to us the week Therese was born. Since they grow so large, we don't really have room to plant it here at our house. This way it will always be near little Therese. Thursday, Jason & I met at Mount Olivet to finalize the paperwork & take her remains. That day was also Therese's 1 month birthday. It is so hard to believe it has been that long. My incision is healing nicely. I am still a little sore, but feeling better all the time. Emotionally I think we are both doing fine. Of course, we miss her terribly & I have good days & bad. I often cry when I see little baby girls wrapped up in pink blankets. Part of me is angry that our baby girl isn't wrapped up in my arms, but I take comfort in knowing we have a Saint in Heaven to look out for us. I also know that we will see her again.

1 comment:

  1. How Awesome that a tree will be planted in her honor- there will be alot of families appreciate that tree for years to come. I cannot imagine the challenge it was to find a resting place for her worldly body- I am so glad that you and Jason know she is in Heaven where you will see her again! I love you and wish I was there to hug you!

    ReplyDelete